Welcome to ‘New World Academy’
Why New World Academy
New World Academy provides a stimulating and secure homelike environment for children ages 0 to 12 years. Our program provides experiences that address the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical needs of young children. Our programs are play-based: we believe that children learn by doing.We use the High/Scope curriculum approach, which emphasizes active learning. Teachers support children’s interests and plan the curriculum around their development by providing a variety of interesting materials and giving children time to explore these at their own pace.
Young children learn by doing. They acquire knowledge about their world through playful interaction with objects and people and are motivated to learn by their own desire to make sense of their world. We are committed to providing a developmentally appropriate program with the help of trained teachers, a variety of materials and equipment, and a small adult-to-child ratio. We engage children in an environment that is child-initiated, child-directed, and teacher supported.
• Children are given the opportunity to go outside at least once a day.
• We provide a variety of indoor and outdoor experiences each week.
• We accommodate a child’s gross and fine motor needs and change program and/or activities to satisfy those needs.
• Toys are at the child’s level for easy and independent access.
• We divide children into small groups as often as possible to foster closer relationships between each other and with the staff.
• We encourage and expect good manners and respect for each individual’s space, creations, and belongings.
• We allow children to “work out” their differences together as often as possible.
• We encourage independent living skills in a helpful and positive manner
• We are responsive to the individual interests of the children and provide activities to meet those interests.
• We encourage involvement in fine motor and creative activities each day.
• We provide activities that are “success” oriented so that a child may participate in the activity in a variety of ways and be successful.
• We provide projects and problem solving activities which encourage “creative thinking.”
• We encourage children to talk about their feelings—give them the words if they are not verbal or cannot express those feelings yet.
• We are warm and responsive—we hug, make our laps available, speak in a soft and friendly manner and listen to the children.
• Each child receives some one-on-one interaction with a staff member every day.
• Children are never forced to participate in any activity unless required for the child’s personal safety.
• We bend to, or sit at, the child’s level when speaking with them.
• We use a positive approach whenever possible, and save No and Don’t only for situations that threaten a child’s health or safety.
Our Rooms & Classes
We provide the children in our care with a safe, relaxed environment that encourages them to explore and experiment with their world in creative and expressive ways. We are partners with their parents and share with them the development of their child(ren). Our common goal is the nurturing of healthy, well-adjusted children who possess positive self-esteem, curiosity, and eagerness to learn.
Our program gives our students both the academic and the socio-emotional skills they will need to thrive and fulfill their unique potential. While it is quite apparent that schools today must do more to engage student’s desire to learn, it is also alarming that many schools struggle to align their vision, mission, core values, and educational practices with this idea. Our goal is to have oneness in all areas of learning. At New World academy, we have great clarity about the ways we engage children’s multiple intelligences and inspire their motivation to learn. Our teachers are skilled collaborators that support and guide children. At New World Academy, we don’t view children as empty vessels that we fill with information, but as learners.
Before and After School
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR FULL GALLERY